How to Take Sarada's Remedies Herbal Tinctures
How, When, Questions, Answers
Sarada's Remedies Herbal Tinctures are designed to be used once a day for daily health maintenance or two to four times a day for conditions related to a specific tincture. Here are instructions and guidelines.
• For Daily Maintenance: Swallow contents of two droppers, once a day.
• For Rebalancing - Specific Conditions: Swallow contents of two to four droppers, two to four times a day.
• Instructions: Squeeze dropper to release the tincture directly into your mouth (some prefer under the tongue) or squeeze tincture from the dropper into a cup with two to four ounces of warm water or tea - and drink.
If you want to dissipate the alcohol, squeeze the tincture into an empty glass and pour 1/4 cup of boiling water on top of the tincture. Wait 5 minutes, then drink.
• When: If it's easy for you to take Sarada's Remedies Herbal Tinctures at specific times, then do so. If not, then partake when it's convenient for you. Best is to be consistent and to partake each day.
• For Daily Health Maintenance:
- It's best to partake of Sarada's Remedies Herbal Tinctures between meals.
• For Specific Conditions:
- For all areas above the stomach (e.g., lungs, throat, mind), use 15 - 30 minutes before eating.
- For the entire mid section of the body (large and small intestines, stomach, liver, spleen), take when eating.
- For all areas of the body (large intestines, reproductive organs, circulation in lower extremities), take 20-30 minutes after eating.
Questions and Answers:
• How can I determine a proper child dosage of a liquid herbal extract?
Unless otherwise noted, all doses are for adults. Clark's Rule can be used to convert an adult dose to a child's dose. Some extracts are not suitable for children. Consult your healthcare professional for advice.
Clark's Rule: Divide child's weight (pounds) by 150 to determine what fraction of an adult dose to give to the child.
For example: If a child weighs 50 pounds, then dividing 50 by 150 results in a dose that's 1/3 of an adult dose. Accordingly, if an adult dose is 30 drops three times a day, a dose for a 50 pound child would be 10 drops three times a day (NOT 30 drops once a day). Some extracts are not suitable for children. Consult your healthcare professional for advice.
• How many drops are in one ounce of a liquid herbal extract?
In general, most extracts fall within the range of 1,000 to 1,300 drops per ounce. This is equivalent to 25-32 individual doses per bottle.
• How much alcohol is in liquid herbal extracts and how much alcohol am I consuming?
Taking 30 drops of a liquid herbal extract with an alcohol content of 45% to 50% amounts to consuming 1/65th of a can of beer or 1/85th of an 8-ounce glass of wine. If you mix those 30 drops into two ounces of water, the mix would contain 0.59% alcohol.
Note: Statements on this page have not been evaluated by the FDA. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Research, contact us for more information, or consult your healthcare provider.
• See our all-natural Ayurvedic herbal tinctures.